This article is to describe detailed steps for SP 2010 beta installation.
- Install all hot fixes for Windows Server 2008 and SQL server 2008.
- Remove powershell feature from server. [ Start Server Manager and navigate to Features. Click Uninstall Features. Select Windows PowerShell and follow the directions to uninstall.] as this may create some problem at SP install.
- Install SharePoint 2010 Pre-Requisites. [at the end it will ask for restart ]
- Install SharePoint server 2010 and create new farm
- Now configure farm settings using SharePoint Central Administration.
- [Install Visual Studio 2010 if the development environment is required to be set on the same machine.]
- Install Office 2010 beta. [This should include SharePoint Designer]
- Install SDKs (Optional).
I hope these will be helpful for you. Feel free to share your suggestions/questions.