I was looking at what are new and trying few things with Office and SharePoint preview.
Here is something I would like to draw an attention for MS guys working on Preview stuff.
OK so what I have done; I had opened my SharePoint 2013 preview calendar in to Outlook 2013 preview calendar. Things are Ok like dates-subject etc. But the description of appointments are messed up on sync with some Chinese characters as shown in the images below.
Creating a new appointment in outlook preview :
After Sync How does it look in SharePoint 2013 preview:
In Outlook – after Sync :
If you update an entry from Outlook or create a new one and then follow the Sync, you should be able to reproduce this bug.
Here is how to reproduce this bug:
- Update/Create calendar entry in Outlook 2013 preview
- Sync calendar with SharePoint
- Open item in SharePoint
- In SharePoint calendar : The description gets corrupted with some chinese characters
- Go to outlook check the item – it does look ok
- Sync again in outlook
- Open the item again and see it gets corrupted in outlook also.