This post is article 14 from the 30 Articles App series for SharePoint
About 25 days ago , SharePoint 2013 RTM was made available to public and before few days Visual Studio 2012 Office tools Preview2 made available so now you are good to go for developing apps for RTM .
Today I will discuss about which account you should use for app deployment for on-premise environment.
I see many people are asking about the deployment issue they are getting while using System Account with SP2013 RTM.
Below is the summary of the error.
Error 1 Error occurred in deployment step ‘Install app for SharePoint’: The System Account cannot perform this action.
Cause of the error :
When you are logged in as system account (local administrator) , and you are trying to install and deploy the SharePoint app above error will appear.
This is a change in SharePoint 2013 RTM that system account are no longer supported to deploy or purchase any app from the market. It was supported in RT but it’s now prohibited because of security reason.
Woraround / Solution
- Create a new account in your domain let say CONTOSO/SPApp_Admin
- This account should be local admin
- This account should also be farm admin [ Farm administrator can be added from central admin -> site settings -> People -> Fram Administrator -> Add CONTOSO/SPApp_Admin ]
- Now login to your VM/ SharePoint Dev machine as CONTOSO/SPApp_Admin
- You are good to go for deploying app to your local farm using visual studio
Hope that helps.